- To ensure that the Otter Point, Shirley and Jordan River communities' development
takes place in an orderly way and in the best interest of its residents.
- To co-operate with local government and other public bodies to
further OPSRRA's objectives and benefits to the communities.
- To concern itself with the performance of government agencies.
- To encourage citizens to stand for public office.
- To promote community spirit and sense of identity by organizing or
supporting appropriate activities.
revised their bylaws by
at the 2013 AGM.
- Membership, whether individual or business, shall be restricted to
residents of or owners of property (ratepayers) in Otter Point, Shirley
and Jordan River who reside or own property within the boundaries of the
Otter Point and Shirley/Jordan River Official Community Plans and who
are aged eighteen years and over.
Associate membership can be extended to individuals aged eighteen and
over who do not meet the criteria for membership. Associate members are
non-voting members of the association. Associate members are not
eligible to be directors of the society.