The name of the Society is Otter Point and Shirley Residents and
- To represent residents and ratepayers who reside in
the communities of Otter Point, Shirley and Jordan River and are members
of the Otter Point and Shirley Residents and Ratepayers Association
- To ensure that the Otter Point, Shirley and Jordan River communities' development
takes place in an orderly way and in the best interest of its residents.
- To work with local government and other public
bodies in the furtherance of the objectives of the Society
- To concern itself with the performance of government agencies.
- To encourage citizens to stand for public office.
- To promote community awareness and sense of identity
by organizing and supporting events that benefit our communities
- Membership, whether individual or business, shall be restricted to
residents of or owners of property (ratepayers) in Otter Point, Shirley
and Jordan River who reside or own property within the boundaries of the
Otter Point and Shirley/Jordan River Official Community Plans and who
are aged eighteen years and over.
Associate membership can be extended to individuals aged eighteen and
over who do not meet the criteria for membership. Associate members are
non-voting members of the association. Associate members are not
eligible to be directors of the society.