Time: 2:00 to 3:30 PM
Location: Juan de Fuca Local Area Services Building
(3-7450 Butler Road, Otter Point, BC)
New Directors Needed
We’re looking for additional members to fill upcoming vacancies on our board of directors and continue important work we are doing to support our communities. These include things such as liaising with CRD and other external organizations, finances (or skills relating to the treasurer’s position), communications with our members, protecting our communities from highway safety and improvements, illegal dumping, shooting safety, water security, community advocacy, sharing community information, and other important issues and projects identified by our members.
What’s Involved in Being a Board Director?
Typical board director responsibilities include the following:
- Regular attendance and participation at quarterly board meetings (or as required), as well as regular participation in discussion and collaboration by electronic means.
- Serving a one-year term.
- Participation in the annual general meeting held in early spring and annual board retreat held in late spring.
- Supporting community engagement in different projects and activities by OPSRRA.
- Providing advice and support to the board president (and executive), as part of a collaborative working team.
- Assisting with OPSRRA communication activities including correspondence, Facebook updates, website, electronic newsletter (quarterly) and monthly event calendar sent out to membership
- Representing OPSRRA interests at outside meetings in our communities, as required.
- Bringing community concerns and issues to the board for discussion.
- Grant applications for board-approved projects.
How Can I Become a Board Member?
Residents and property owners in Shirley, Jordan River and Otter Point who are members in good standing of the Association may stand for nomination for election to the OPSRRA Board up to, and including, the date of the AGM. If you are interested, or would like to submit nominations, please join us at our AGM or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: We will send a second email notice with the Agenda and additional information a little later.